I’ve been looking for quick and easy breakfast recipes that are healthy and easy to eat on the go or while I’m holding a baby and chasing a toddler. These muffins are probably my favorite breakfast recipe. I like to incorporate veggies and protein, which has always been hard for me. Two months ago I’d eat frozen waffles or pop tarts for breakfast. I’m coming up on 9 months postpartum and I knew I had to make some changes. I also wanted to make something that my daughter could eat as well. Sometimes I can’t control lunch or dinner when I’m out, but I’ve made it a goal to make sure my breakfasts are healthy. These muffins are great for breakfast meal preps. I hope you give them a try!
-salt & pepper
-1 bell pepper, diced
-1/2 an onion diced (or however much you like)
-chopped green onions (garnish)
-Shredded cheddar cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Brown the turkey sausage, set aside.
- Saute chopped veggies***I like to saute my veggies a little before baking them in the oven, so this is an optional step***
- Whisk 8 eggs together (and salt and pepper) and add chopped veggies, stir.
- Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray ( I used liners—but they were more difficult to get out this way-whoops!)
- Pour egg mixture in muffin tins 1/2 way, add sausage, and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or so depending on your oven.
- Garnish with chopped green onions
I had extra egg mix so I put just the eggs in some mini-cupcake tins for my daughter. I sprinkled some cheese on these as well.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Please let me know how it turns out! 🙂